Boston and the greater Boston area offer a variety of activities for our Neurology residents during their time outside of the hospital. Boston is a beautiful historical city with ample outdoor green space. It boasts countless cultural activities including sporting events at Fenway Park, renowned art and history museums and numerous concerts and theatrical performances.
Boston is also home to some of the world’s finest inpatient hospitals and many institutions of higher education.
Our residents enjoy many cultural activities including: (Prior to COVID )
- Red Sox games at Fenway park – subsidized $5 tickets
- Taking a break and running along the Charles River
- Biking along the bike path in Arlington
- Hundreds of happy hour options throughout Boston
- Endless weekend trip options including Cape Cod, hiking in the White Mountains, skiing in Vermont, visiting NYC, Portland, Maine, Acadia National Park
- Boston symphony tickets from our Chairman!
- Patriots Day – Spectate or Run in the Boston Marathon
- Annual July Neurology Resident Garden Party
- Junior Resident Retreat – Escape the room and other bonding activities
- Our own Friendsgiving Celebration for the BIDMC Neurology Family
- Resident Holiday Party and Secret Snowflake gift exchange
- In the summer, enjoy sailing on the Charles River, Shakespeare on the Green, open air concerts and festivals, and strolling along the Historical Freedom Trail
House Staff Resources
BIDMC is committed to resident well-being and has a well established tradition that offers house staff access to many support mechanisms. These include a wide variety of resources from access to mental health physicians, taxi vouchers for physicians who feel too fatigued to drive home to family resources such as child care providers and family resources for physicians who are parents. There is also information about benefits, hospital-wide wellness activities, housing and commuting resources.
Please visit the Graduate Medical Education website pages: